PlanetDeusEx | Features | Fanfic | Flashbacks
Fan Fiction

The following piece of fanfic is by Neo and submitted by Gr@y M@tter for PlanetDeusEx's Fanfic contest of 2000/2001. Enjoy!

And if you've got a piece of fanfic of your own, then submit it to us.

Flashbacks

The cold wind of autumn brushed upon the back of Jonas’s neck. "I know what I am doing is for the good of the people, but do I think it is right?" Jonas swept a droplet of sweat off of his forehead and peered into his scope once again. He could see a tall man wearing a slick suit standing at the corner of the street conversing with another man of equal appearance. "Pity I have to mess that up for you good fellow" and with those words coming under his breath, Jonas pulled the trigger and heard the muffled sound of his silencer. He saw the man collapse to the cold cement and aimed at the other man’s head. Another swift trigger pull and heard that familiar muffling sound. Lowering his rifle, or his ‘Death Wand’ as he called it, Jonas was content with the assassination and placed his rifle over his shoulder. "Echo-Prime, Echo-Prime, Echo-Prime do you copy, over?" "This is Echo-Prime, state your name and code phrase." "Jonas, Echo-Delta-Seven." "Ah, Jonas, its good to hear from you. How did the mission go?" "We’ll talk later, I need a high ride here, now, because I’m starting to see AWACS bots all over here and I wont be able to stay here unseen for long." "Roger that Jonas, High ride en route. Echo-Prime out."

The rattling of the containment chambers was starting to bug Jonas, but he knew the pilot wouldn’t stop to just fix a squeaky containment cage to give him a more pleasurable ride home. He slung his rifle to the floor and unloaded it. He place 2 more 3006 rounds into the clip and placed the clip back into its usual resting place. Jonas has had the rifle for about 2 years, just when the 3rd World War was starting to heat up. He was just glad that the nations had used every nuke on the planet to blow an incoming asteroid, which the government kept a secret for a so long time, into fragments that burned upon entering the atmosphere. Now a days, it was good old grunt work again and Jonas had no problem with that, considering he was one of the best rated snipers in the class he attended. A very muscular, augmented man he remembers. It was he who tried, and succeeded, to kill the Echo-Prime leader. Jonas swore on his life he would use that very rifle to kill any that opposed the Echo-Prime Directorate. "Hey uh, Jonas, one of your buddies is on the horn. Says he knows you from the academy days. Won’t give a name." Jonas grabbed the COM link. "Yes, who is this?" "We are a man in a position to do a lot of very influential things Mr. Jonas. The very person you killed tonight would have made my very dreams come true, yet, you decided"---click. Jonas refused to listen to small threats as the such and slept the rest of the way back to base."

Jonas awoke in an odd room with strange looking rocks and tools. He tried to sit up but just couldn’t. He felt so drained and nauseated. He took his last bit of energy and yelled out for someone. A tall man with the exact same suit as the man he had killed walked to the side of his bed. "You never let me finish my statement Mr. Jonas." "Wha, What? You’re the guy that was on my COM link?" "Why yes, I was. I told you, I am in a very powerful and influential position. Your actions tonight were very inappropriate. You shall be punished for them." As the man was finishing his sentence, the Echo-Prime Directorate leader and councilman walked in. "Ah, Jonas, and how are we feeling after a 30mm sedative dosage." "Just fine, thanks. Don’t tell me your screwing’ around with the feds." "Possibly. You will know everything you need to in time. Mr. Denton here will show you to your quarters." "That I will." JC undid the straps that held Jonas and lifted him up. Jonas could barely stand being up like this, especially on a very hard shoulder. "Mr. Jonas, in a few days you will undergo a transformation. Your entire body will change as well as most of your conscious thinking as well as your memory. You will become what I am. We need you for one important reason: Our Majestic 12 troops have begun to rebel against us after my previous entity destroyed Area 51, along with it, the Echelon system. That system was the very reason they existed." "What’s Echelon?" "All questions will be answered in due time. For now, you shall stay in this room." JC opened the door to the master quarters. Obviously they had planned his coming in far advance. Everything he needed was available here. "After you transform, come see me in my office."

Two days had passed and Jonas had endured more pain than he thought anyone should ever feel. That evening, the pain stopped, and for the first time in a long time, he slept. At 9:00am an alarm clock chimed and awoke Jonas. He stood up feeling odd and a bit wavy. A data cube sat on his coffee table. He moved over and read it. Inside, were instructions and an explanation of all his subsystems and why he’d been chosen for this operation. After a full 3 hours of reading, it was exactly 11:00am. "Boy these feds know how to time things" he said to himself. He picked himself up and walked down to JC’s office. There he was given a complete rundown on Majestic 12, Echelon, the Illuminati, and more importantly, why the Echo-Prime Directive was even in existence. "You see Mr. Jonas, our work is very sensitive. You know why you were selected for this operation, because you are the best of the best and are the final in a bloodline of Illuminati leaders. Don’t worry it will all pass and you will get used to your new body and abilities and will soon be able to use them to our advantage." Jonas walked out after JC was done and headed to his quarters. He had to think long and hard about the Echo-Prime Directive. "How could he betray us like this. All the hard work and dedication we put forth. We really felt like we had a goal in life and now mine have been swept into a garbage disposal unit and disintegrated." Jonas was called to a briefing room. There, more men in slick black suits sat and watched his every move. The Echo-Prime Leader approached him. "Listen closely Jonas: Your new name is JC Denton, like your "employer". You will start work at a government organization called UNATCO. There, you will operate inside. You will receive more instructions once you reach your destination. A lot of things can be changed by your actions so you must think them out thoroughly and carefully. Otherwise, you may cease to exit." The Leader pointed to a small room with a keypad on the side. Jonas walked over and the leader punched in a 5-digit code. Jonas stepped into the chamber. The machine started to power up and for a brief instant, he knew everything man could ever want to know. In another flash, he found himself on the side of a dock at Liberty Island with a man that looked like JC approaching him...



IGN.com | GameSpy | Comrade | Arena | FilePlanet | GameSpy Technology
TeamXbox | Planets | Vaults | VE3D | CheatsCodesGuides | GameStats | GamerMetrics
AskMen.com | Rotten Tomatoes | Direct2Drive | Green Pixels
By continuing past this page, and by your continued use of this site, you agree to be bound by and abide by the User Agreement.
Copyright 1996-2009, IGN Entertainment, Inc.   About Us | Support | Advertise | Privacy Policy | User Agreement Subscribe to RSS Feeds RSS Feeds
IGN's enterprise databases running Oracle, SQL and MySQL are professionally monitored and managed by Pythian Remote DBA.