PlanetDeusEx | Features | Fanfic | (Untitled)
Fan Fiction

The following piece of fanfic is by Mr.M and was submitted for PlanetDeusEx's Fanfic contest of 2000/2001. Enjoy!

And if you've got a piece of fanfic of your own, then submit it to us.

(Untitled)

The Police Boat drove me to the South Dock of the legendary Liberty Island, where the reconstruction of the famous Statue of Liberty began. I was pretty tired, because I had to pass a full training session in the UNATCO Headquarters before I would officially become one of the UNATCO agents. Then after the training I had an urgent mission to complete. In the centre of the UNATCO power, on the Island of our HQ, the terrorist organisation called NSF attacked the Statue, destroyed it and took one of our best agents as a hostage. That's where I, JC Denton, jumped in. I completed the mission successfully. I had to talk with the leader of the NSF and assure him to surrender. That conversation deeply shocked me...

I got a day off, and now I am back on Island. I headed north to the HQ. Soon, I had to go west to the base. The soldiers where guarding the UNATCO building greeted them. I went into the building. You know the procedure, I had to prove my identity with a scanner which scans right through my sunglasses. Soon I was on Level 2, in Manderley's office. I didn't like that office. There were too many tensions in that room. But I liked Manderley's secretary, Janice Reed. She was a beautiful woman. But sure she can't be interested in a machine. Because I was a machine. A killing machine. That's what the NSF leader told me, and that's what been bothering me for a long time. I am a goddamn mech.

I went to my office. I was a good hacker. I could beat any computer system. That's how I got every single password in the UNATCO. I have been reading everybody's email ever since I entered the office. I knew all the codes, passes and secrets in the UNATCO. I read few emails of my emails and some of them I replied. Than I read all the other emails in the office. One interested me in particular. It was a letter from Jaime Reyes to Mr Manderley and to Alex Jacobson. Jaime Reyes is my doctor and is responsible for my physical condition. Somebody has to be. Let's face it, I costed my government few billions dollars. And that wasn't cheap, so I had to be healthy. Alex Jacobson was the computer expert in the UNATCO, and he was probably the only better hacker in the office. And Mr Menderly is my boss. This is what the email said:

1st of April
To: jmanderley , ajcobson
From: Jreyes
Subject: Special Agent JCD


Mr Menderley and Mr Jacobson, it is my duty as the physician of special agent JC Denton to inform you that Mr Denton has been infected with a deadly virus of a new kind, Katan, which spreads through computer systems and mechs. It is pretty rear but the infection can cause a total breakdown of the computer or a mech. However, I don't know how will special agents Denton react to the virus. I urge a meeting with the top officials in the UNATCO and UN to discuss the matter.

Jaime Reyes

I was angry, mad, in short, I was capable of murder at that time. It didn't matter to me , cause if my body was falling apart, nothing was important. I lighted a cigarette. It didn't do any good. I was already addicted to cigarettes. I went out of my office. I went to see Jaime. He was sitting in his usual chair. I controlled myself and we had a chat about everything. But he didn't tell me. He didn't tell me that I was a goner! I couldn't handle it. I just couldn't. I grabbed my pistol and I pulled the trigger. That was my first major mistake. I hit Jaime in chest. He collapsed immediately. I run from his office. The guards outside didn't hear a thing. That's when I made my second mistake. I wanted revenge, blood. I went to Alex Jacobson's office. But he wasn't there. There was his empty chair... I heard some noise in the corridor behind me. Then it came to me! The InfoLink! The InfoLink! Of course, Alex saw it all! He saw my murderous actions. And he called the guards.

I ran. I ran hard. I saw a ventilation hole in the corner of the room. I opened it a bit more with my faithful crowbar... I got in. It was very dark and the hole was very small. I heard the guards coming in to the office. I removed my sunglasses. Now I was able to see. And I went further. I had to crouch. It lasted for a while when I saw light high above me. I could maybe climb there, but it was still too soon for that light to come from the outdoors. So I continued further. My bioenergy was pretty low and that wasn't good. Sure, I had few flares with me. But it wasn't enough. So I continued. And I came to the conclusion that Alex Jacobson could see all my actions while I was on Liberty Island. I heard the alarm had been activated. Now every single soldier will run to the HQ to see what was going on. And that, my friends, was my only chance to escape. I went further and further. I was very tired. I felt exhausted. My bioenergy wouldn't last for long. So I had to continue. Finally I saw another light above and, by my calculation, it had to be somewhere near the Statue. And the soldiers are probably in the HQ making the strategy for my capture. My light went off. I climbed with a flare in my mouth. It sure wasn't pleasant. I got to the end. Once again my crowbar got out of my coat. I made a hole for me to get out. I got out. And there was nobody there. But I missed in my calculations. I was near the north dock. I run there. There was one soldier there. I used my electric prod to deal with him. And I got into the water. I remembered that maybe the signal would be lost if I was wet.

So I took a swim and I noticed a tiny boat tied to the dock. I got into it. There was some medicine there and some guns and ammo's. As somebody was planning my escape. I turned the engine on and I took of. I turned back to see the Liberty Island becoming smaller and smaller. A tear rolled down my face.. But I was a mech, I couldn't cry!

There was a radio there, a kind of walkie-talkie. Soon a famous voice spoke from it: "Congratulations, JC! I saw it all. Now you are one of us. Welcome aboard."

I couldn't believe. I just couldn't. This can't be. It just can't be. It is impossible!! The voice belonged to Paul.

To be continued...



IGN.com | GameSpy | Comrade | Arena | FilePlanet | GameSpy Technology
TeamXbox | Planets | Vaults | VE3D | CheatsCodesGuides | GameStats | GamerMetrics
AskMen.com | Rotten Tomatoes | Direct2Drive | Green Pixels
By continuing past this page, and by your continued use of this site, you agree to be bound by and abide by the User Agreement.
Copyright 1996-2009, IGN Entertainment, Inc.   About Us | Support | Advertise | Privacy Policy | User Agreement Subscribe to RSS Feeds RSS Feeds
IGN's enterprise databases running Oracle, SQL and MySQL are professionally monitored and managed by Pythian Remote DBA.