PlanetDeusEx | Features | Fan Fiction | Decker Parkes | Chapter 4
Decker Parkes: Chapter 4

Decker sat there like a rabbit caught in the mesmerising gaze of vehicles headlights. Stiff, unable to move. His mind overloaded him with emotions and thoughts, he imagined his head being opened up and splattering the ceiling in watery blood and skull fragments. Decker clenched his teeth and braced for the flash and stinging bullet to penetrate his skull as the gun was taken back from his neck.

He could feel the tingling warm blood rush back into the small white circle left on the back of his neck by the gun barrel. All Decker was saying was "Shit...Shit...SHIT!" repeatedly in his head. The reality of his situation had hit him square in the face. He was going to die, unless he acted now.

"Ahh...You're finally awake old man...SURPRISE!" Decker's body relaxed as his brain recognised the voice it was Wayne Young. Decker fell off his chair like a scarecrow that had been removed from its post he looked up at his two grinning colleagues. Young stood by the bed gun still in hand and Erin sniggered to herself in his shadow.

"Very funny" Decker scowled he was panting still from holding his breath.

"Oh come on Decks, you gotta admit the look on your face was classic, and jeez... I am sure you shit your load, gramps." Young said cockily, Decker suddenly felt the anger well up inside him.

"How the fuck can you play games at times like this you fucking idiot? For all you know Majestic Twelve could be outside ready to burst in and you here playing childish pranks! Go shut the door and get ready!"

"Calm down! We weren't followed! Anyway what use would you be, dribbling over the keyboard?" Young snapped back. Decker rose to his feet, eyes bulging with rage, frown marks appearing on his wrinkled forehead, nose scrunched up curling his upper lip. Erin automatically went between them and separated to two enraged men.

The computer's speakers made a rapid bleeping noise and the screen flashed furiously. One reply. Decker turned and rushed back to the computer picking up the fallen chair. He knelt down and used the touch pad and selected the replied e-mail.

From: 328.2133.1230

To: Public Terminal 11A//NYNET.44567.22356

Subject: Re: Need Passage

Date: Sun, 24 Nov 2052 02:37:38 +0100

Decker,

Please accept my apologies on the delay, but as you know "special cases" takes time and planning. I have managed to persuade a transit driver to smuggle you in his lorry to Europe, he is delivering a shipment of tobacco to Italy and will be landing in Nantes and working his way down to Lyon. I am aware of the current situation in France, martial law, maybe you could align yourself and your friends with Silhouette. This would mean going to Paris.

I am currently in business with an arms dealer, who provides armaments to the Silhouette rebel group, he lives in the suburb of Marais, in France the suburbs are called "quartiers" or something, it is just East Of the Louvre. Ask around for a man known as, Jacques Adélie, also known as Le Corbeau on the streets of Paris, he can supply you with a wide range of arms.

The driver who will taking you to Europe will be waiting tomorrow night (Monday 25th November) at the docks at 2300 hours (11pm) his name is Harvey Franklin. Do not be late.

Bon Voyage!

Le Contrebandier.

Next


IGN.com | GameSpy | Comrade | Arena | FilePlanet | GameSpy Technology
TeamXbox | Planets | Vaults | VE3D | CheatsCodesGuides | GameStats | GamerMetrics
AskMen.com | Rotten Tomatoes | Direct2Drive | Green Pixels
By continuing past this page, and by your continued use of this site, you agree to be bound by and abide by the User Agreement.
Copyright 1996-2009, IGN Entertainment, Inc.   About Us | Support | Advertise | Privacy Policy | User Agreement Subscribe to RSS Feeds RSS Feeds
IGN's enterprise databases running Oracle, SQL and MySQL are professionally monitored and managed by Pythian Remote DBA.