PlanetDeusEx | Features | Fan Fiction | Decker Parkes | Chapter 6
Decker Parkes: Chapter 6

From: GenericMail883//Net.2342.09238

To: 328.2133.1230

Subject: Friend in Need

Date: Wed, 27 Nov 2052, 18:23:12 -0600

You helped me and some friends out recently. That transaction was business, but you still did me a good turn. I don't forget that.

I heard through channels that there's some bad stuff coming down on you - don't know why, people I talked to just said it had to do with a guy named "J.C. Denton". I haven't heard of him, but someone wants him dead, cold in the ground. Personal reasons.

And your name has come up.

Fair warning. Watch your back.

-Decker

These were the words Decker typed as he sat in the back seat of the vehicle. Jacques was driving, he was taking them down the Boulevard of Lenoir, which was rowed with tall white elegant houses, some scarred with damage from the numerous riots and demonstrations against the martial law. The saloon car sped down the almost dead street. The martial law time limit was nearing as the sun started to disappear against the silhouette of the Parisian buildings.

Henri stopped the car and Jacques turned around in his seat. "This is it the Citadines hotel." Decker looked out of the window across the street at the grand hotel. From far away it looked luxurious and upper class, but Decker saw it was now in a dire state. The three got out of the car Erin said "Wow!" and Young just looked up at the building. The car sped back down the road taking a right hand turn leaving them on their own, in a strange city.

The sign read Citadines in big elegant letters just above APART' HOTEL which was in white capitals on a faded green stripe underneath. The sign was slightly lopsided where someone had thrown a projectile at it. The two white and plum coloured columns either side the decorative double doors were scarred with anarchistic graffiti, and the two windows above the sign were boarded up. What was once an upper class hotel had now turned into a drop in Bed and Breakfast in a dire state of repair. The hotel was vast, over one hundred apartments and a private underground car park used by government officials and the occasional celebrity, but the great depression and political chaos that hit the great city, forced the owners to abandon the hotel in fear.

Next


IGN.com | GameSpy | Comrade | Arena | FilePlanet | GameSpy Technology
TeamXbox | Planets | Vaults | VE3D | CheatsCodesGuides | GameStats | GamerMetrics
AskMen.com | Rotten Tomatoes | Direct2Drive | Green Pixels
By continuing past this page, and by your continued use of this site, you agree to be bound by and abide by the User Agreement.
Copyright 1996-2009, IGN Entertainment, Inc.   About Us | Support | Advertise | Privacy Policy | User Agreement Subscribe to RSS Feeds RSS Feeds
IGN's enterprise databases running Oracle, SQL and MySQL are professionally monitored and managed by Pythian Remote DBA.